Utilizing Solar Power in Murrieta During the Winter: Save Money and Stay Warm
When you decide to seek solar power in Murrieta, rest assured that winter is a great time for solar panels to create electricity. At Baker Home Energy a Solar Company in San Diego, we design systems that produce electricity year round. This means on clear, cool days when the A/C is off and your electric draw is lower, you can offset your high electrical consumption in the summer with strong winter solar production. The goal is to balance out your total energy usage with solar energy production over the course of the year. So bring it on, winter months! This is the time to make some energy!
Whether you have an all-electric home or you use natural gas for heating, utilize these proven ways to keep your home energy efficient in the winter.
- Turn down the thermostat to 70 degrees or lower while you’re at home. Dress for the season to stay warm.
- Set the thermostat back while you’re away or sleeping for more energy savings.
- Replace the furnace filter at the start of the heating season and once or twice during the winter. A clean filter ensures airflow stays at the ideal level to prevent straining your furnace.
- Schedule preventative maintenance for your heating and cooling equipment once per year. Properly maintained equipment performs more efficiently, which saves you money.
- Have your air ducts tested for leaks and seal any you find. Be sure to use duct mastic or another approved sealant, not duct tape.
- Apply caulk and weather-stripping around leaky windows and doors to keep the cold winter chill out of your home.
- Close the curtains at night for insulation. Then, throw them wide open during the day to enjoy natural heat from the sun.
- Conserve hot water by taking shorter showers, replacing faucets and showerheads with low-flow fixtures, insulating the water heater, only running the dishwasher when it’s completely full, and washing clothing with warm or cold water.
- Apply for tax credits and rebates on any high-efficiency appliances you purchase. Tax credits for solar in Murrieta installations are available until December 2016 and cover 30 percent of the cost with no upper limit. This includes solar panels and solar water heaters.
For more tips on getting the most from your solar power in Murrieta installation this winter, please contact Baker Home Energy, a Solar Company in San Diego today.
Interested in installing solar at your home? Give us a call at (877) 543-8765 for a free quote. Switching to solar gives you the energy independence to use power the way you want to, without having to worry about a high electric bill at the end of every month. So rid yourself of your monthly bill anxieties by investing in solar today. On top of saving you money, this renewable energy technology is also significantly better for the environment than traditional power sources. Going solar dramatically reduces your carbon footprint and saves you some green at the same time. So go green and save some green with solar power from Baker Electric Solar!